- SQL Server 2008 Standard/Enterprise/Developer edition install Media with Service pack 2.
- One IP address as SQL Cluster virtual IP and host-name as SQL Cluster virtual host-name. Our clients will have to use this host-name or IP to connect with this fail-over instance.
- One shared disk to place all our System DB files + error-logs etc
- Minimum two identical clustered Windows 2008 Servers.
- … Will be adding more. Couldn’t remember all of them at one shot. Please add any missed out points below as comments. Thanks in advance.
- Log-in to any one node and move all the cluster resources to that node.
- Navigate to the media directory and execute the below command. This is to make sure we don’t move all the SQL server binary files into C drive.
setup.exe /ACTION=INSTALLFAILOVERCLUSTER /INSTALLSHAREDDIR=”J:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server” /INSTALLSHAREDWOWDIR=”J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server”.
- Follow the instructions on the setup wizard.
To be continue…