Before we start we need to make mySQL database capable of supporting unicode characters. For that we need to change the database collation or the table collation to utf8_unicode_ci. This can be done with phpmyadmin portal.
- Click the table you need to change.
- select Structure tab.
- Check the required column and click change or edit.
- From the collation drop down select utf8_unicode_ci.
- Press Go.
Click here to read more
We had a requirement to change the SQL Server Fail over cluster group Virtual server name. We did that change through the cluster administrator. That SQL Server was 2008 Enterprise running on Windows 2008 Enterprise cluster. The change was successfully made from one node and the SQL server came online after that. But when we did fail over testing, we noticed that the SQL Server service is not coming online on the other node. The SQL Server error-log gave below errors while trying to start-up.
Click here to continue reading this post and resolution